- 1-1/2 mugs sliced up fresh or frozen okra, thawed
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons all-goal flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/4 tsp sodium
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic clove herb seasoning blend
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Essential oil for strong-excess fat frying
- Further sea salt and pepper, optionally available
- Pat okra dried out with paper bath towels. Place buttermilk inside a short bowl. In one more short dish, mix the flour, cornmeal, sea salt, seasoning merge and pepper. Dip okra in buttermilk, then roll in cornmeal mix.
- In an electrical skillet or strong-body fat fryer, temperature 1 in. of oils to 375°. Fry okra, several pieces at a time, for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 moments on either side or until golden dark brown. Deplete on paper bath towels. Period with additional sodium and pepper if wanted.
I have constantly cherished fried okra. I wonder whenever you can do the same with Brussel sprouts. I believe I’ll try it out.
I’m providing this a 5-celebrity because it’s nearly the way I make okra. A few tips I’ve identified work effectively – when you jacket the okra in buttermilk, table spoon or pour it right into a colander in order that a few of the buttermilk drain pipes away. The buttermilk will still coat the okra and definitely will be significantly less messy to work with. You are able to place the flour/cornmeal into a huge zip-bag ( I usually use about 1/3 cup of each and every). Devote a big handful of okra at a time and provide it a good shake. Remove it of the handbag having a slotted table spoon (or simply your hand) and put it on a cake holder set on top of a dish as you jacket the remainder. The layer extra will always be in the plate and can keep the oil from acquiring also dark. One more thing – whenever you can locate a small jar of “Soul Meals Seasoning” within the liven department, get it up and shake a hearty portion of it in to the bag of coating rather than the garlic cloves plant. It’s delicious w/ okra.
I want to use this formula why can’t I set these recipes inside my formula box?
Lower here in SC we refer to it as The southern area of popcorn. A big bowl along with a golf ball activity can not be beat! I usually get iced from a local supply inside my grocery store but I’m gonna do this menu since I grow okra. (I bought difficulties with corn dinner but use a difficulty finding corn “flour”)
My family enjoys fried okra. This menu is one of the finest types. We love the texture in the batter.
These were alright, but privately I like a little bit more taste on my breading.
Produced just as directed. The best fried okra I’ve actually consumed. lighting, crispy and flavorful!
I’ve never ever made okra prior to but got some fresh from your farm owners market and wanted to give it a try. I didn’t have cornmeal and so i utilized corn muffin combine and i also didn’t have buttermilk so I caused it to be with whole milk products and vinegar. It been found great! We loved it and this will be my head to formula for fried okra!